From: Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl>
To: James Scott Jr <skoona at verizon.net>
Cc: lm-sensors at lm-sensors.org
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 2:33:46 PM
Subject: Re:  ABIT IP35 Pro mainboard wrong values from 'sensors'

James Scott Jr wrote:
>     Folks,
>
> I have a system with an Intel Q6600 quad core on a ABit IP35 Pro
> mainboard, using Fedora 7 x64, and lm_sensors-2.10.4-1.fc7.  The output
> from sensors is wrong.  Is there a preformatted config file for these
> mainboard somewhere that I can find?  Or can you give me a hit on what I
> need to know in order to create/adjust one?

Abit usually does not use the sensors of the super io chip (which the w83627dhg
is), instead they use their own solution called uguru. There is a driver for
this, but the uguru isn't detected by sensors-detect.

Try modprobe abituguru3, and then try running sensors again.

The abituguru3 driver is only available in kernel 2.6.23 and higher, to install
this kernel for F-7 do:
yum update --enable-repo=updates-testing kernel

After rebooting into the new kernel do
modprobe abituguru3
sensors

Regards,