Unknown chip on Dell Latitude D630

Juerg Haefliger wrote:
> Hi Arne,
>

> On 10/7/07, Arne St?cker <arnestaecker at web.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> when I run sensors-detect, I get:

>> Some Super I/O chips may also contain sensors. We have to write to
>> standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.
>> Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no):
>> Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
>> Trying family `National Semiconductor'...                   No
>> Trying family `SMSC'...                                     Yes
>> Found unknown chip with ID 0x3201
>> Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
>> Trying family `National Semiconductor'...                   No
>> Trying family `SMSC'...                                     Yes
>> Found unknown non-standard chip with ID 0x13
>
> This is an unknown chip. You could try the superiotool
> (http://linuxbios.org/Superiotool) to check if it can find something.
> Other than that, you would have to open your machine and look for a
> chip with the SMSC logo an tell us the chip name. Maybe we can do
> something with that information...
>
> ...juerg

Jumping a bit late into the game (waking up). Dell now a days is a Linux
friendly company. We could try asking Matt Domsch from Dell if he can help
identifyong the part.

I'll send him a mail about this and include Juerg and Arne in the CC. I'll
leave this off the list to not send Matt's mail address to the list.

Regards,

Hans