Unknown chip on Dell Latitude D630

Hi Arne,

On 10/7/07, Arne St?cker <arnestaecker at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> when I run sensors-detect, I get:

> Some Super I/O chips may also contain sensors. We have to write to
> standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.
> Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no):
> Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
> Trying family `National Semiconductor'...                   No
> Trying family `SMSC'...                                     Yes
> Found unknown chip with ID 0x3201
> Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
> Trying family `National Semiconductor'...                   No
> Trying family `SMSC'...                                     Yes
> Found unknown non-standard chip with ID 0x13

This is an unknown chip. You could try the superiotool
(http://linuxbios.org/Superiotool) to check if it can find something.
Other than that, you would have to open your machine and look for a
chip with the SMSC logo an tell us the chip name. Maybe we can do
something with that information...

...juerg