PATCH: documentation-hwmon-sysfs-interface-attr-write.patch

Hi Hans:

* Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> [2007-10-07 20:38:07 +0200]:
> Mark M. Hoffman wrote:
> >Hi Jean:

> >* Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> [2007-10-07 13:37:53 +0200]:
> >>I agree with all changes, Mark pleaee apply:
> >>
> >>Acked-by: Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl>
> >
> >Could you please re-generate this one against the hwmon testing tree and
> >w/ a Signed-off-by?
> >

> I must admit I'm a total git noob, can you give me a git one liner to get
> your testing tree (IOT the "cvs co" equivalent of git)?

Sorry I was ambiguous... I was asking for Jean to do this since it was his
patch.  Really, I just need his Signed-off-by - I can take care of the rest.

Nonetheless, here's what you do...

1) Make a clone of my repo:

$ git clone git://lm-sensors.org/kernel/mhoffman/hwmon-2.6.git hwmon.git

2) cd to it

$ cd hwmon.git

3) You can list my public branches like this:

$ git branch -r

(mnemonic '-r' for remote)

4) You can checkout and create a local branch which is based on a remote
branch, e.g.

$ git checkout -b testing origin/testing

At this point, you've done the "cvs co" equivalent; you can ignore git now
and create patches based on this if you prefer.

* * * * *

Although, I suppose it would be easier for you and maybe Jean if I just publish
a patch series myself.  It shouldn't be too hard to script that up; I'll look
into it.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman