k8temp, BE-2350 CPU

Hi Bernhard!

Sooo... the 49 needs to be substracted even from the LSB bits! Does it
really work then ;) ? If so then cool,
I will find out what are the CPUIDs for the revF.
> The formula has changed indeed, see page 181 of:
>
> http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/32559.pdf
>
> I wrote a quick and dirty patch. It works for me on both an old Sempron
> and a Brisbane, but it's not yet production quality ;)
>
> It uses the cpuid "100mhzsteps" flag to decide which formula to use,
> because I couldn't find any information about existing cpuid "model"
> values.

I think I overseen that information, I simply though that the
temperature will be just truncated to nearest degC.

Please CC the list too. Unfortunately I dont know if I will be online in
the evening, I moved to flat and still no internet.
For the CPUID range of revF I would suggest to check the
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/33610.pdf

Page 7, I think you may use > operator in IF to check if CPUID is bigger
or equal than first CPUID of the revF series.

Gotta work now ;)

--

S p??telsk?m pozdravem / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Gr??en

Ing. Rudolf Marek
SYSGO s.r.o.
Zelen? pruh 99
CZ-14800 Praha 4
Phone: +420 222138 627, +49 6136 9948 627
Fax: +420 296374890, +49 6136 9948 1 627
rudolf.marek at sysgo.com

http://www.sysgo.com | http://www.elinos.com | http://www.pikeos.com