#2179: Treat strange fan speed (like 675 000 rpm) as "0"

Hi Piotr,

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 20:18:23 +0200, Piotr Czepek wrote:
> 2007/8/13, lm-sensors <lm-sensors-notify at lm-sensors.org>:
> > #2179: Treat strange fan speed (like 675 000 rpm) as "0"
> > -------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
> >   Reporter:  piotr.czepek at gmail.com  |       Owner:  khali
> >       Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  assigned
> >  Component:  fancontrol              |     Version:
> > Resolution:                          |    Keywords:
>
> > -------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
> > Changes (by khali):
> >
> >   * status:  new => assigned
> >   * reporter:  ticket => piotr.czepek at gmail.com
> >  * cc: piotr.czepek at gmail.com (removed)
> >   * component:  misc => fancontrol
> >   * priority:  trivial => minor
> >   * owner:  somebody => khali
> >   * keywords:  fan speed  driver =>
> >
> > Comment:
> >
> >  What driver are you using? I can't remember seeing a driver report high
> >  speeds for stopped fans.
> >
> >  I don't much like the idea of arbitrarily discarding some reported fan
> >  speed values. You should probably simply avoid using low duty cycle PWM if
> >  it results in bad speed readings. You may get better results by using a
> >  lower base frequency for the PWM.
> >
> > --
> > Ticket URL: <http://lm-sensors.org/ticket/2179#comment:1>
> > lm-sensors <http://lm-sensors.org/>
> > Linux hardware monitoring
>
> Hi,
>
> I use w83627hf driver.
> (...)

Please follow up in the ticket system (trac), not on the mailing list.
I'll reply there.

Axel, is it possible to remove the Reply-To header from the mails sent
by the trac ticket system? It is almost an invitation to do the wrong
thing, and that has happened a number of times already.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare