prog/dump/util.c is GPL version 2 only licensed

Hi Hans,

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:04:24 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Fedora is doing a license audit of ALL Fedora packages, to determine the exact
> license (version) of each package because of the coming of a number of GPL
> version 3 packages to the distro.
>
> I've been reviewing lm_sensors (amongst 150 other packages) and I've noticed
> that in the lib and prog dirs, there is one file which is not GPL version 2 or
> any later version, but just GPL version 2, I assume this is a mistake, can you
> please fix this?

This isn't a mistake, I did this on purpose. With all the discussions
around the GPL v3, I realized that it wasn't safe to allow the
distribution of my code under a license that did not yet exist. So as
prog/dump/util.c was a new file, I decided to release it under GPL v2
only.

Now I realize that it probably doesn't make much sense to release just
one file with a different license, it hardly serves any practical
purpose and can only add to confusion. If it has any legal value at
all... So I am fine re-licensing that file if it makes you happy.

--
Jean Delvare