No longer reviewing random hwmon patches

Hi Jean,

>Twice in the past 2 weeks, I have been criticized for being too
>demanding in my hwmon patch reviews. I have been told that I was
>wasting developers' time and taking the fun away from them. Well, I am
>also no longer having fun reviewing patches when I am "rewarded" this
>way. Not that reviewing patches is really fun to start with, you
>usually don't receive much thank nor praise, but receiving criticism is
>going one step too far.
>It has been suggested that I should review patches differently and
>accept more divergence from what I consider the right way. This isn't
>going to happen, sorry. Given that I am not paid for the job, nobody
>gets to tell me which patches I should review and how. But I also don't
>want to cause contributors to leave the project.
>As a consequence, I have decided to change my behavior with regards to
>the patches which are posted to the lm-sensors list. I will no longer
>review random patches. I will only review patches meeting any of the
>following conditions:
>* I asked for that patch.
>* The patch is for a hwmon driver I am maintaining.
>* The author explicitly asked me to review his/her work, and I feel
>  like it.
>Hopefully this will prevent further tensions from arising.

You are always generous to help everybody in the list with any
questions. I must thank you for your steady support of our chips.

In my opinion, I think the contributor should understand that the code
quality is quite important and necessary especially when the code is
moving into the kernel tree.
Fortunately, I have made a few good patches with your nice advice. :)

So I will continue to try my best to help you with the w83792d, w83793
chip's patch works if you need.

Best regards,
Gong Jun

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such  a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.