Any questions you would like to ask the pc wizard software author?

Jean Delvare wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 11:28:26 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> I've been contacted by Franck Delattre, the author of a windows utility called
>> pc wizard, for permission to use my uguru3 code (and I've given him permission
>> to use it).
>>
>> He has offered to answer any questions he can about things which are supported
>> by PC wizard but not by lm-sensors. So if you have any questions send them my
>> way and I'll forward them.
>
> This is very good news. We had this kind of cooperation with Alex van
> Kaam when he was still working on MBM, and this proved to be very
> useful.
>
> If Franck happens to have information on how to handle the ICH8 internal
> sensors (HECI controller), that would be interesting.
>
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/ticket/2134

Here is Franck's answer:

---

Hi Hans,

I unfortunately know little about HECI.
The ICH8 contains two thermal sensors, according to the DS, but nothing
mentions if they can be accessed by software.
The thermal sensor on P/Q/G965 (and also P35) provides an interface through the
MCHBAR (some control registers, and a status register).
This may not help you a lot, sorry about that. I'll try to get more
information, and will keep you informed if I get something interesting.

Best regards,
Franck

---

Regards,