Fintek F71805F on Jetway J7F4K1G5D - fancontrol?

Update.

I found the data sheet for the fintek f71805f and started PEEKing and
POKEing in its register bank.

: FAN1 OPERATING Control Register -- Index 60h
: FAN1 OPERATING Control Register -- Index 60h
: FANPWM2 STOP DUTY-CYCLE . Index 72h
: FANPWM2 Output Frequency Control . Index 73h
: FANPWM2 STEP Control Register -- Index 74h
: FAN2 PWM_DUTY -- Index 7Bh

I am now relatively sure that this board does not have any hardware
control of the fan (PWM or DC mode).  The registers were mostly at their
default values from the datasheet and would change accordingly, so I think
i was in the right place.  I tried setting the fan to manual mode and
turning it down.  I also tried any number of other settings in the temp
monitoring registers.

All that said, is there anything else you experts could recommend I try
before packing up this board and returning it?   I don't think I want to
go with the 'roll-your-own' solution -- I'ld rather it work out of the
box.

Can anyone recommend an Mini-ITX motherboard with CN700 or CM700x chipsets
that has working hardware fan control built in?  It's critical to my
application (big drive+tv tuner+small case == heat).

Thanks all!
-m