Fintek F71882FG Driver -> Problems with nonEPoXmobo's

Hi,

The description from Jacob Heerikhuisen:

The _input files in /sys/devices/platform/f71882fg.2576 show 4 temp sensors,
but each reads 255. All four fan sensors show 22. I tried running some code
on my machine, but even when I hear my fans increase in speed, those sensor
files don't change.

Full dmesg output from him is attached, but this is from loading/unloading a
few times:

Module F71882FG init
f71882fg: Not a Fintek device
f71882fg: Found F71882FG chip at 0xa10
i2c_adapter i2c-1: SMBus Quick command not supported, can't probe for chips
i2c_adapter i2c-2: SMBus Quick command not supported, can't probe for chips
i2c_adapter i2c-3: SMBus Quick command not supported, can't probe for chips
i2c_adapter i2c-4: SMBus Quick command not supported, can't probe for chips
Module F71882FG exit
Module F71882FG init
f71882fg: Not a Fintek device
f71882fg: Found F71882FG chip at 0xa10
Module F71882FG exit
Module F71882FG init
f71882fg: Not a Fintek device
f71882fg: Found F71882FG chip at 0xa10

Full /proc/ioports before loading driver:
[root at pierce-dhcp-212 jacobh]# cat /proc/ioports 0000-001f : dma1
0020-0021 : pic1
0040-0043 : timer0
0050-0053 : timer1
0060-006f : keyboard
0070-0077 : rtc
0080-008f : dma page reg
00a0-00a1 : pic2
00c0-00df : dma2
00f0-00ff : fpu
02f8-02ff : serial
0378-037a : parport0
037b-037f : parport0
03c0-03df : vga+
03f8-03ff : serial
0400-041f : 0000:00:1f.3
  0400-041f : i801_smbus
0480-04bf : 0000:00:1f.0
0800-087f : 0000:00:1f.0
  0800-0803 : ACPI PM1a_EVT_BLK
  0804-0805 : ACPI PM1a_CNT_BLK
  0808-080b : ACPI PM_TMR
  0810-0815 : ACPI CPU throttle
  0828-082f : ACPI GPE0_BLK
  0860-087f : iTCO_wdt
0a10-0aef : pnp 00:0b
  0ae0-0aef : pnp 00:0b
0cf8-0cff : PCI conf1
a800-a81f : 0000:00:1f.2
  a800-a81f : ahci
a880-a883 : 0000:00:1f.2
  a880-a883 : ahci
ac00-ac07 : 0000:00:1f.2
  ac00-ac07 : ahci
b000-b003 : 0000:00:1f.2
  b000-b003 : ahci
b080-b087 : 0000:00:1f.2
  b080-b087 : ahci
b400-b41f : 0000:00:1d.2
  b400-b41f : uhci_hcd
b480-b49f : 0000:00:1d.1
  b480-b49f : uhci_hcd
b800-b81f : 0000:00:1d.0
  b800-b81f : uhci_hcd
b880-b89f : 0000:00:1a.1
  b880-b89f : uhci_hcd
bc00-bc1f : 0000:00:1a.0
  bc00-bc1f : uhci_hcd
c000-cfff : PCI Bus #01
  cc00-cc7f : 0000:01:00.0
d000-dfff : PCI Bus #04
  d800-d8ff : 0000:04:00.0
    d800-d8ff : eth0
e000-efff : PCI Bus #05
  ec00-ec7f : 0000:05:04.0

isadump -k 0x87,0x87 0x4e 0x4f
WARNING! Running this program can cause system crashes, data loss and worse!
I will probe address register 0x4e and data register 0x4f.
Continue? [Y/n]
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00: ff ff 00 ff ff ff ff 04 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
10: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
20: 05 41 20 19 34 00 00 5e 40 00 00 00 0b 0e 00 00
30: 01 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
40: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
50: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
60: 0a 10 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
70: 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
80: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
90: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
a0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
b0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
c0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
d0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
e0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
f0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff

isadump 0xA10 0xA11
WARNING! Running this program can cause system crashes, data loss and worse!
I will probe address register 0xa10 and data register 0xa11.
Continue? [Y/n]
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
10: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
20: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
30: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
40: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
50: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
60: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
70: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
80: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
90: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
a0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
b0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
c0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
d0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
e0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
f0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff

This is all the info I have from Jacob hope it helps. He does have sensor
reading in the bios.
I'll start cc'ing the mailing list when replying to testers.

Regards,
Hans