hwmon K8 sensor in processor up to revision E.

Hello,

Please can you send the dsdt.bin table, output of sensors-detect and lspci?
Also what is your board manufacturer/model ?

do generate the dstd.bin do:

cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > /tmp/dsdt.bin

> Despite the K8 sensor my ACPI offers me two more sensors.
> $cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRC/temperature
> temperature:             55 C
> $cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRS/temperature
> temperature:             47 C

Hmm this is bit strange. The CPU seems to be totally idle.

> "Temperature known as TCaseMax was specified for processors up to revision E.
> This temperature is defined as temperature between heat-spreader and CPU
> case, so the internal CPU temperature supplied by this driver can be higher.
> There is no easy way how to measure the temperature which will correlate
> with TCaseMax temperature."

This is something different. Lets find out from sensors-detect and dsdt table
where does acpi take the infos.

Thanks,
Rudolf