watch dog use on W83627THF

Hi Nick,

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:23:20 +0100, Nick Upson wrote:
> I have a need to use the hardware watch dog timer on this chip from
> fedora core 5.
>
> There is a sample program which seems to be related on
> http://www.commell.com.tw/support/support.htm but it's for windows
>
> Has anyone done this, Can I do it via lm_sensors?

No, watchdogs features are not supported by lm-sensors. You should
take a look in drivers/char/watchdog in the Linux kernel source tree,
there are 5 watchdog drivers for Winbond chips. None of them seem to
support the W83627THF device at the moment, but I guess that it
shouldn't be too hard to extend one of these drivers based on the
information in the W83627THF datasheet.

--
Jean Delvare