kernel/hwmon todo

Hi Mark, All

First of all, Mark great to hear you're stepping in to become the Maintainer
and many thanks for this.

Mark M. Hoffman wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> Here's a list of kernel patches which are not in Jean's queue[1] and which need
> review.  I've only searched the mailing list archives back through March.  I'm
> sure I've missed some, or if there are updated patches available for any of
> these, please let me know.

I think you've missed the admXXXX driver backported from 2.4 which was posted a
while ago.

> PATCH: hwmon-abituguru3-new-driver.patch: Add support for newer uGuru's
> http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2007-April/019433.html
> primary reviewer: Juerg Haefliger

The biggest problem with this patch currently is the discussion about the
included chip model/revision/stepping table, which is (somewhat) needed because
with the uguru being a software solution every motherboard essentially has its
own version of the chip.

Jean didn't like this much because he believes this kinda info belongs in
userspace. I've given a long reply to a mail of Jean where I explain why I
decided to put the table in kernelspace and that I still believe this to be the
right decision. Unfortunately that mail has gotten 0 replies.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans