w83627ehf reporting ghost fan?

Hi Jean,

Jean Delvare wrote:
---snip

> This isn't an issue, it works as designed. The ignore statement in your
> configuration file is a user-space thing, the driver doesn't know about
> it. The driver attempts to get a valid reading from the fan input,
> until the clock divider hits the max (128), it cannot differentiate
> between a very slow fan and no fan at all.

 Thanks for bringing this to light.

> BTW, you get these messages in your logs because you asked for them.
> These are debugging messages, normally not printed.

 True. I enabled debug to get my CPU fan sensor to get the correct
divisor. On my earlier Mandriva(kernel 2.6.17-mdv) setup, it always set
the divisor to 4 and my monitors would go berserk. Back then I changed
the sensors.conf to correct that but this time (with kernel 2.6.19) it
just worked so I got interested.

> Thanks for testing and reporting, I'll push the patch upstream.

Great.

Regards,
Ankit Chaturvedi