SUCCESS! Re: MSI K9N4 SLI-F sensors-detect says use w83627ehf but it won't load

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure about the semaphores and I
noticed they were no longer used in the 2.6.21 code at all so I thought
just to be safe I'd switch them to mutexes. I wanted to match the code as
close as possible to minimize any problems with doing the port and I'm not
concerned about size.

As for the Device ID, I saw the masking, but I could not get it to work
with just the 0xa020. I kept getting this:

Mar 21 00:39:14 bnfsrvr kernel: w83627ehf: unsupported chip ID: 0xffff
Mar 21 00:39:14 bnfsrvr kernel: w83627ehf: unsupported chip ID: 0xa023

Then when I added the 0xa023 definition and changed the mask to 0xFFF3 it
worked.

Ah-ha-ha. I think I see the error in my ways. All I needed to do was
change the mask to 0xFFE0. I'll give that a try. Always like to do things
the same. It was late, I was getting tired and starting to wonder if I'd
ever get it to work. Being refreshed and with your help it was now easy to
spot this.

And, when you get the schematic for this MB, I would greatly appreciate it
if you could tell me what input is what voltage. I will do it myself if
it's possible for me to get a copy of the schematic. I'd also lik to see
if the Northbridge fan is connected to the w83627dhg. Then I'd know for
sure if I should be seeing its RPM.

-Curt