Abit AT8 (non-32X) / Winbond 83627EHF

Rick,

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:43:09 -0500, Rick Wright wrote:
> Thanks for the support  Hans de Goede responded to me off list
> suggesting that, in fact, I probably have a abituguru ver3 chip, not a
> w83627ehf chip afterall.  The problem is that this ver3 abituguru chip
> is not fully supported by sensors, libsensors, etc.  However, he did
> point me to a userspace utility he wrote that I was able to use to
> successfully interrogate my uGuru chip.  All along I knew this board
> probably used a uGuru setup.  I will forward those messages back to the
> list under this thread for others' benefit.
>
> On the other hand, the problem that lm_sensors still has is that it was
> the sensors-detect script that originally reported that I had a
> w83627ehf chip and ultimately led me down this path.  Hans suggested
> this is not a correct identification job and that sensors-detect should
> be fixed.

Hans is probably wrong. The Super-I/O chip detection is very reliable
and I would ve very surprised if you do not have a Winbond W83627EHF.
As a matter of fact, this hi-res picture of your motherboard:
  http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Abit/AT8/images/board_fullsize.jpg
clearly shows a W83627EHF in the top-left-hand corner.

But indeed there's also a uGuru chip on the board. Bad luck.

--
Jean Delvare