HP PAVILLION dv8000

On 1/7/07, Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:
> Hi Salatiel,
>
> On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 22:00:49 -0300, Salatiel Filho wrote:
> > Ok. sensors-detect now changed to :
> >
> > #----cut here----
> > # I2C adapter drivers
> > # modprobe unknown adapter NVIDIA i2c adapter 0 at 1:00.0
> > # modprobe unknown adapter NVIDIA i2c adapter 1 at 1:00.0
> > # modprobe unknown adapter NVIDIA i2c adapter 2 at 1:00.0
> > modprobe i2c-i801
> > # Chip drivers
> > modprobe ds1621
> > modprobe eeprom
> > # sleep 2 # optional
> > /usr/local/bin/sensors -s # recommended
> >
> > but i still get the same error loading sensors
> > No sensors found!
> > Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
> > Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.
> >

> > One odd thing that i notice is that it doesn`t exist i2c-i801 , it
> > does exit i2c_i801 so i have to change manually.
>
> You don't have to; modprobe handles dashes and underscores as the same
> character.
>
> > any other ideas ?
>
> I think the ds1621 is a false positive, and your hardware monitoring
> chip is different. It's an old chip and easily misdetected. I think I
> remember a similar report some times ago, although I can't find it
> again now. You didn't tell us which version of sensors-detect you have
> been trying. Please try the latest version:
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/browser/lm-sensors/trunk/prog/detect/sensors-detect?format=txt
> It might detect your chip better. Please include the complete output of
> the script.
>
> --
> Jean Delvare

Hi Jean , i tried the latest version you said, now it changed to :

modprobe i2c-i801
modprobe eeprom
# Warning: the required module coretemp is not currently installed
# on your system. For status of 2.6 kernel ports check
# http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices. If driver is built
# into the kernel, or unavailable, comment out the following line.
modprobe coretemp

I can not find coretemp in kernel 2.6.20.rc3 and i didn`t find a patch
to download ...
--
[]'s
Salatiel

"O maior prazer do inteligente ? bancar o  idiota
   diante de um  idiota que banca o inteligente".