W83627DHG, steps to use

On 1/3/07, Andrew Gaydenko <a at gaydenko.com> wrote:
> Aha, applied. Thanks! - it helped. Now these sensors are visible too:
>
> coretemp-isa-0000
> Adapter: ISA adapter
> temp1:       +36?C  (high =   +85?C)
>
> coretemp-isa-0001
> Adapter: ISA adapter
> temp1:       +36?C  (high =   +85?C)
>
> And, sorry, additional questions arised.
>
> - W83627DHG shows CPU temp about 6-8 grad lower (well, and it is single sensor,
>   and I don't understand what does single sensors show :-)) rather coretemp sensors.
>   Who is more honest? It is important because ASUS P5B-VM seems to not support
>   PWM-regulating, so I have soldered PWM-controller and need to be sure CPU
>   temp is acceptable,

coretemp is measured at the hottest part of the core, while
motherboard will tend to measure the surface temperature.  A few
degrees difference is expected.  Also that's a really nice temperature
for coretemp, perhaps you have really frigid air conditioning.  My
overclocked Core2Duo (@3.4 GHz) runs coretemps of 51C idle and up to
60C under full load... which is a huge improvement from my old Athlon
MPs which were 56-65C surface temperature.

> - KDE's SysGuard see the only coretemp sensor. Is it SysGuard-related bug?

I made a patch for KSensors, I don't use SysGuard.