HP Compaq ProLiant DL380 detect failure

Hi Jean,

> Thanks for the proposal. Basically we want to know what hardware
> monitoring chips are used in the system, and how they are wired. I
> suspect that HP uses a non-standard I2C bus, possibly GPIO-driven.

If I'm not totaly mistaken it's all controlled by the proprietary iLO
ASIC which shows up as a PCI device. I don't know the interface to
that beast and how temp and sensors are connected to it. I'll check
the schematics as soon as I have established connection to the HP
intranet. I'm currently slacking away in Switzerland but am supposed
to work remotely... :-)
Not a big deal until it starts snowing...

...juerg