W83627DHG

Hi Dezheng,

Yes! That is a great idea. I can accept the motherboard + processor,
and I do have DDR2 RAM. So this is a good way to verify the 627DHG
driver, especially as we are working on several features including
SuperIO locking. You will also be pleased to know that I have
submitted a final patch for review, so the 627DHG driver will be
released very soon now. (Once the patch is approved by Jean Delvare, I
will be announcing it to all those who have expressed an interest in
testing the new driver, and I will CC you on that announcement.)

I like in the United States, for shipping purposes.

Thanks for your support!
David

P.S. There is a request on lm-sensors to backport the driver to the 2.4 kernel:

>   As to the backports to PREVIOUS kernels like Red Hat Advanced server
> (Linux 2.4 kernel), it is OUR (Winbond) responsibility, not yours. Your
> job is to look forward to NEWER Linux releases and WE (Winbond) will
> take care of the backport.

I will be sure to coordinate with you (Winbond) when we start
backporting the driver.