DS2450 1-wire family driver

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 02:21:29PM +0100, Rudolf Marek (r.marek at assembler.cz) wrote:
> Hi,

Hello.

> >We are a team working with uClinux for Blackfin DSPs and sensor
> >networking, we are currently in the stadium of investigating Linux
> >capabilites on sensors over i2c and 1-wire buses. I have been assigned to
> >try out the DS2450 quad A/D converter(1-wire slave device):
> >
> >http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/2921
> >
> >I Tried to search the lm-sensors list archive but could not find any
> >related drivers. Has there been any work on that family?
>
> Hmm we have lot i2c drivers not so may W1. I'm CCing  Evgeniy Polyakov  as
> he might have more clue. I think you will need also a driver for the W1
> master, besides the driver for the slave.

Depending on where w1 slave device is connected - if bus master device is
already supported, then you have less work.

I definitely appreciate steps to create and integrate w1 device drivers
into mainline tree.

Feel free to ask for comments if something is behind Documentation/w1
and other drivers sources.

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov