w83627ehf informations

Hi Torsten,

This is the way the driver is designed to work. 0 is an invalid value
for pwm1_enable, and the driver returns EINVAL. As a result, the
write() function that bash uses returns the error, and bash reports
it. (Did that explanation make sense?)

So echo 1 > pwm1_enable and then echo some values > pwm1

Do you get the results you expect?

The values which pwm1_enable will accept are:
1 = manual mode
2 = thermal cruise

In the future, we will support the following values as well, but right
now they return EINVAL:
3 = rpm cruise
4 = smartfan III (thermal cruise)

This information can also be found in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/hwmon, which you may find useful.

David