DS2321 guidance

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 07:53:13 -0700
Benjamin Sapp <bsapp at lanl.gov> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to get the DS2321 Real time clock to work with
> lm-sensors.  The DS2321 is very similar to the DS1307.  In fact the first
> six bytes are identical.  Where the DS1307 has NVRAM, the DS2321 has no ram
> and instead has a temperature sensor.   My current setup is an i.MX21 ARM

 [...]

 Hi Benjamin,

  most of the development is now geared toward the 2.6 kernel. rtc
 drivers now have their own subsystem too. If you think
 you are willing to move to 2.6 I can be of some help.

  ARM is quite well supported under 2.6 and you
 would benefit of the rtc and hwmon subsystems, among
 many other features.

  I've done a lot of work with ARM board support packages on
 5/6 arm system in the last months, together with the
 fine people of the nslu2-linux project.. so, if you need
 help, just drop a note.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,