ASUS P5B DELUXE WiFi with Winbond W83627DHG - here 3-pin and 4-pin cpu fans

> > If you want to use a specific CPU-fan, where you are f.e.
> > convinced of the low-noise properties, its almost impossible to
> > find a 4-pin version.
>
> OTOH 4-pin fans promise much better fan speed control possibilities, so
> maybe a "standard" 4-pin fan will do a better job in that respect than
> an "advanced" 3-pin fan. But well that's your system and your money ;)

Hi Jean

I?d tend to agree on the long term - but I want to see a solid market choice here.
I know at least one negative example: the cooler that comes with a boxed Core2Duo cannot be controlled below a certain minimum speed even if you manually set the pwm2 value to zero - the fan itself simply insists on a minimum speed.

In my case I prefer a bigger/better cooler where I have full control on the fan speed even down to zero if i like.
Just in this moment (in almost zero load condition) I run a good  3 pin cooler at 800 rpm (very quiet) resulting in a CPU temperature of only 36 degrees.
If I load the system I can keep fan speed below 1200 (still quiet) and CPU temperature below 45 degrees.

Best regards
	Christian