Supermicro X6DH8-G2+ / sensors

Hi Jean,

Michael Kress wrote:
>>> I can't get another kernel than 2.6.16, because all the xen patches rely
>>> on this version and I need xen.
>>> I will try the newest from the 2.6.16.y series, give me another day to
>>> try it, I think xen provided the oldest 2.6.16 one it could find. I'll
>>> tell you if I got further with that.
>>>
> Sorry, I can't get .29 running under xen-3.0.2. The whole thing
> compiles, but doesn't boot properly.
> I didn't have the time to fiddle about getting it booted, just had time
> to check the basics, but it was no use, so I had to skip the test, sorry.

xen-3.0.3-0 is released now, it comes with kernel 2.6.16.29 and runs
flawlessly so far.
I was modprob'ing and rmmod'ing pc87427 every 2 secs for some hours now,
plus I was running bonnie++ in the background.

Between these 2 secs I was able to do a clean sensors run.

No messages, no crashes, just perfect. You never know, but so far, even
my irq messages about "nobody cared" are gone.

Greetings - Michael

Michael Kress, kress at hal.saar.de
http://www.michael-kress.de / http://kress.net
P E N G U I N S   A R E   C O O L