Any suggestion on buying a new computer with Pentium 4 CPU, and run lm_sensor on it?

Hi Han,

> I will buy a new computer with Pentium 4 CPU. I will install Linux
> operating system, and I wanna run lm_sensor package on this new computer
> to read temperature sensor values.
>
> What computer should I buy? I know Dell computer is not well supported
> from lm_sensor. Can I buy some models of HP computers? Can I buy the
> computer from BestBuy or CircuitCity?

Well Dell is often doing the sensors stuff diferently, so don't buy that for the
lm-sensors. HP? I dont know.

Maybe you can consider buying a computer assembled from "classic" components for
example, with some Asus motherboard. Perhaps you dont need HP or Dell stiker on
your computer anyway...

You dont need to assemble the components yourself, majority of computer shops
offer already built computers from "classic" components.

I hope it helps,

regards
Rudolf