w83627ehf: Missing fan input and minor problems w/ PWM control

Am Freitag, den 15.09.2006, 23:21 +0200 schrieb Rudolf Marek:
> Hi all,
>
> Good news everyone, the mystery of fan5 is now uncloaked. It is short story. The
> bit0 in reg 47 is write only and reads always 0.

[...]

> All in all I think the usage as fan output for fan on/off is very very unlikely
> and I have done what I could to detect if it is this way.
>
> > P.S. Working on an updated w83627dhg patch!
>
> Good.
>
> Matthias, please can you check if the patch is working for you? There might be
> some typos in code, please fix them if you can.
>
> The patch should be applied on the top of:
> http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/i2c/linux-2.6/hwmon-w83627ehf-add-pwm-support.patch
> http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/i2c/linux-2.6/hwmon-unchecked-return-status-fixes-w83627ehf.patch

Doesn't work for me :\ I still only get 4 fans.
Maybe you could add some debugging output?
--
Matthias 'CoreDump' Hentges

Webmaster of hentges.net and OpenZaurus developer.
You can reach me in #openzaurus on Freenode.

My OS: Debian SID. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice