Interface to PCI device list

Hi Greg,

Currently, the sensors-detect script uses /proc/bus/pci/devices (file)
to get a list of the PCI devices on the system. As this file doesn't
contain PCI class data, and I need it, I was looking for an
alternative. For 2.6 kernels, /sys/bus/pci/devices (directory) looks
like the right place to look at. This raises a few questions, which I
hope you can answer:

1* /proc/bus/pci/devices doesn't appear to contain PCI domain
information. I guess it only lists the devices on domain 0000, and
would miss devices on multi-domain machines?

2* Since which kernel version does /sys/bus/pci/devices look like the
way it is right now? Did the device IDs always include the PCI domain?
If it's stable since 2.6.0, I could use it in sensors-detect.

3* Will /sys/bus/pci/devices go away eventually?

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare