[proto-patch] hwmon/w83781d fix unchecked rc's

heres a *rough* compile-tested patch to fix unchecked-return-code warnings.

I dont have the chip, so I cant test it, so its a bit more cavalier than
usual ;-)

frankly, I started this patch to unravel some heli-macros
(1st big chunk - not counting the +includes)
but then,
switched gears to address the hot-todo of the week.

I hope someone with the chip will pick it up, and take the useful bits.