nforce3 250gb vs. 250 support

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking in kernel 2.6.17 I see in module i2c-nforce2.c that it supports
> the nforce3 250gb MCP, but I find nothing about the nforce3 250 chip.
>
> Does that mean the latter is not supported? I am looking at 2 mobo's
> that have it and want to make sure support is available before I buy.

I think so.

  SUPPORTED DEVICES PCI ID
28 nForce2 MCP 0064
29 nForce2 Ultra 400 MCP 0084
30 nForce3 Pro150 MCP 00D4
31 nForce3 250Gb MCP 00E4
32 nForce4 MCP 0052
33 nForce4 MCP-04 0034
34 nForce4 MCP51 0264
35 nForce4 MCP55 0368

In fact this all numbers I found in PCI ID database. Plus I found:
03eb	MCP61 SMBus
0446	MCP65 SMBus

you may  google for lspci -n
You may check those numbers.

On the other hand when it is not supported we may support it. It turns out that
there are no changes in the register layout.

Regards
Rudolf