I2C detection

Hi Guys,

I'm encountering a problem with I2C address. I'm not
sure where to find the address of the I2C adapter that
I connected. When I ran my application that connects
to I2C-dev I am encountering Remote I/O error. Is
there any good samaritan that could tell me whats
wrong? Is there a specification on how I2C does
things? I hope to hear from you guys. Please be
patient on me. I'm quite new to this. Thank you very
much.

Regards,
OJ