Asus M2NPV-VM and lm-sensors not working

Hi Prakash,

> > Well, the question is, do the voltage values reported by "sensors"
> > increase again if you stop underpowering your system? If they do,
> > obviously that's your business and I couldn't care less ;)
>
> No they dont. eg:
> VCore:     +1.23 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +4.08 V)
>
> Bios shows 1.35V, so clearly the voltages are off.

We now have evidences that the BIOS adds arbitrary constants to the
measured voltages (150 mV for Vcore.) This explains the differences.
What we don't know is, why the BIOS does this. At any rate the driver
is correct and doesn't need to be fixed. You can add offsets in
sensors.conf to match the BIOS readings if you want.

> > I generated a new version of my it87 patch, which should report fan
> > speeds properly:
>
> Yes, looks better now. Maybe you want to lower the fan limits, as well?
>
> fan1:      830 RPM  (min = 3245 RPM)                   ALARM
> fan2:        0 RPM  (min = 3245 RPM)                   ALARM
> fan3:      782 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)

Aha, maybe _you_ want to lower the fan limits ;) Adjust the values in
sensors.conf and run "sensors -s" to apply the changes.

--
Jean Delvare