[patch 0/3] pc87360 - fix unchecked rc=device_create_file()

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Jim,
>

>>> More interesting would be a comparison of the
>>> contents of /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device before and after the
>>> patches. If the contents differ, something's wrong, else everything
>>> should be OK - or at least there is no regression.
>>>
>> Your choice of words leaves me unsure whether this is an observation,
>> or a requirement.  In any case, its easy, so here it is, plus some other
>> observations.
>>

> What difference does it make? I can't force you to do it, and I can't
> verify by myself. I can only hope that you want to provide good patches
> to the community, and will test your work as much as possible.

It seems I could also have chosen my wording a bit better ;-)

> It's really about what you want to give to us, rather than what I
> request or suggest.
>

>> By contents, I assume you mean the files within the dir:
>>

> Yes.
>

>>  diff sys-files-2.6.1*
>> 51a52
>>  > subsystem@
>>

> No idea where this comes from, but not from your patch, for sure. I
> guess it's something new, I have such links on 2.6.18-rc4, but I don't
> remember seeing them before.
>
> If that's the only difference it means your patch didn't omit any file,
> so it works as designed for your chip. Good.
>

>> One other thing / oddity I note (again on old kernel, and new/patched).
>> Datestamps on the 'files' is not uniform.
>>
>> IOW, there are 2 datestamps : Aug 20 23:39  and Aug 21 08:04
>>

> Yeah, I see similar patterns here. Looks like the files start with
> their creation time, then the timestamp gets updated when you write
> to (always) or read from them (first time only?)

only thing that chgs date is re-modding.
None of these affect the date.
    sensors; sensors -s; cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/*

> I can't explain it all, but it makes some sense, and I don't see any
> serious problem here anyway. Again, your patch can't have anything to
> do with this.

ack.  Im also seeing this on laptop running fc4 kernel.

thanks