Lm92 fails to read temperature

Hello,

I've been having a problem with lm92 not reading the temperature of my
cpu. This module was suggested by sensors-detect, but I tired
modprobing all the lm* sensors ans still no temp. Lm92 loads fine as
does lm_sensors, but reads a temperature of zero degrees. I know the
problem does not lie with acpi because I've talked to devs on their
mailing list and they explained the new way to build a dsdt file and
that one compiled fine.

There are some missing modules, but before I spend time patching the
kernel I want to find out why I can't get a temperature.

Code:
 * Initializing sensors ...                                               [ ok

Max6650 so far is the only module I've added by hand, but I've tried
with pca9540 (pca954x) but the patch floating around isn't working.
I've read through the documentation, but it's a little over my head.
It seems like they are for nonthermal things.

Also, smbus seems to be going nuts in my dmesg:

Code:
i2c_adapter i2c-0: smbus word data - addr 0x4f, read  0x0000 at 0x02.

It reads alll of the sys bus files over and over again.  So whenever I
access dmeg all I get is a page of these.

I've also tried editing the config file so that only those that
succeed load, but that doesn't work either.

My computer is a Dell Dimension 8250.

I appriciate any help,
John