i2c-i801 on Intel Server Board se7525gp2?

Hi Jim,

It is my own Kernel in the sense that with Gentoo the install process I
need to pick the features that match my system. The SMP stuff and drive
controllers, network, the basics.

I do not add any odd patches to my kernel.

And yep, I bought two systems at the same time so that they would be
identical so I could try software on one and work out the kinks before
messing with my E-mail/DNS box.

What I have learned is that the E7525 chipset is known to not report any
sensors. While I would love that not to be true, I have found no evidence
that they can be read by lm-sensors. Intel's sensor observation drivers
are for RedHat only as far as Linux goes, so I am not sure if they will
work under Gentoo.

I am now looking at alternative solutions. I seem to have this kind of
luck with systems, always picking one that Linux is shut out from the nice
features on the hardware. :\

Nick

--
Nick Ellson