LM Sensors autoconfig tool project awarded as google SOC project

Hi Mark,

If you are writing C code then yes, and for the KDE/Gnome/XXX example I gave
this is true.  We also use web monitoring pages, however, and these are
generated from PHP and shell scripts.  I don't know how to directly access
libsensors from PHP or a bash script.

> BTW: the output of 'sensors -u' might be easier for you to parse.

Definitely much easier to parse than the plain "sensors" output.  But
according to the man page, the "-u" treats all chips as unknown.  The output
from "sensors -u", however, correctly identifies the chips and uses the
correct sensors.conf section, so I think the man page needs an update here
to more clearly describe what the "-u" option does.

> > currently stands, there are a range of different description strings in
> > sensors.conf.  At the very least, if a centralised archive of
> sensors.conf
> > files is to be created then we need a naming convention for the sensor
> > values in just the same way that the sensor names themselves follow a
> > standard.  If we don't then anyone "downstream" of sensors will have a
> > horrible job trying to work out exactly what sensors they have and how
> > display them.  If we want, we could have a short machine-style version
> and a
> > longer human style version.  I really don't mind, but for my needs, I
> need a
> > name that can be parsed easily and which is consistent across all the
> > motherboards that I am using (or may use in the future).
>
> The autoconfigurator will still allow custom /etc/sensors.conf I'm sure.
> Is
> there something else you need?

Is there a spec anywhere for this autoconfigurator?  Han's early link is
still very thin on the details and the Google SOC doesn't list this sensors
project that I can see.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Mark M. Hoffman