vt1211 patch

Oops, forgot to include the lm_sensors mailinglist...

 > So basically manual control is impossible?

I think so yes, but the datasheet is not clear. I should check with
Via eventually.

> I can either choose fan on or fan auto
> Can you give me a simple way to test the switching off of a fan?
> I experimented multiple values in all the files and I can't get it off.

Let's see if I can remember (I currently don't have access to the
datasheets). Try the following:
cat pwmX (should return 255)
echo 2 > pwmX_enable
echo 100 > pwmX_auto_point4_temp

Now 'cat pwmX' should return 0 do indicate 0% duty-cycle. If your
board has the PWM outputs connected the associated fan should be
turned off. If it is indeed, be careful not to blow anything up!

...juerg