latest findings - my older posting from ~ 11 days ago / Tyan Tiger MoBo 2460

Dear listmembers, dear Rudolf,
these are my findings after doing what you suggested:
please find attached two files. One contains the output cat /proc/ioports plus
the result of
/usr/sbin/isadump -f 0x80E0
with the Chips being dead, the other one after cycling power and reboot.
One remark: when I use the kernel with debugging on, the failures seem to be
more rare. I think this could be caused by the fact that all those printk's
slow the accesses on the smbus somewhat down. But this is just guessing,
nothing serious.

Thanks again,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)