latest findings - my older posting from ~ 11 days ago / Tyan Tiger MoBo 2460

Hello Dieter,

Please dont forget to CC the list.

> No! The reset button does *not* cure the problem. This is different from
> "normal" behaviour"

Ok

>>Have you ACPI in kernel?
>
> Yes. Any info required on that?

Please mail dsdt.bin

cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > /tmp/dsdt.bin

>>Have you compiled/loaded/in kernel the thermal module?

And no support for "thermal" module (thermal is the module name or ACPI subsytem
option in kernel)

> It will :-(
> This is my homework, I'll be back with you as soon as I have results to tell.
>
>>1) obtain the smb base addr
>>	AMD756_smba = xxx
>>Should be in your debug log, you may use value from older log because it
>>does not change. Alternatively you may also look into cat /proc/ioports
>>
>>then you may use the isadump tool
>>2)
>>isadump -f xxx

Please dont forget the 0x prefix before the address

>>while true; do i2cdump -y 0 0x2d b > /dev/null; done

You may insert here some sleep 1 maybe. But lets try without first.

> Thanks for helping that far. I will unload the debug kernel now as it spits
> about 400 MByte of i2c-debug logs into /var/log/messages.

Good.

regards
Rudolf