making a geode i2c slave driver

Hi Thomas:

* Thomas Andrews <tandrews at grok.co.za> [2006-05-02 12:10:48 +0200]:
> I'm having some difficulty getting the geode to generate an interrupt
> for ACB events. I'm hoping that you can either spot some obvious mistake
> that I'm making, or perhaps refer me to someone at AMD who can.
>
> As you recall I'm using the SC1100 on a WRAP card. I'm using a version
> of scx200_acb.c, modified as follows:

[...]

> The problem is that I *never* see any interrupts generated by the ACB.
> Here is what I see reported by the kernel:

[...]

> What am I missing here ?
>
> I can get my Atmel chip to generate a packet as a master, and the geode
> actually does ACK the address, so the geode is definitely behaving
> correctly as a slave. Somehow the interrupt just never happens though.

Is this a PCI device?  If it is, you're probably just missing a call to
pci_enable_device().  I got hung up on that with similar symptoms while
doing a rewrite of the i2c-i801 driver (which is still unfinished).

Also btw: either a patch or a link to the whole source is appreciated
when asking for debug help.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman