lm87 support on Centos 4.3 (kernel 2.6.9-34.EL) / Supermicro P3TDEi

Hi Axel,

> > Oh exept one. You can try to build the kernel outside the kernel tree. But his implies
> > you can run make modules_prepare in in the 2.6.9 kernel and you must have proper
> > configuration file (.config) installed.
>
> I thought out-of-tree builds were not supported anymore for 2.6
> kernels. If they are I could pick them up again and create rpms for
> them (kmdls) like for the 2.4 kernels. That would solve Doug's issue,
> too, as I package for RHEL4, too.

But what would you be packaging exactly? Remember that the kernel
modules in lm_sensors2 CVS are *not* suitable for 2.6 kernels. What
Rudolf was proposing was to backport one given driver from a recent 2.6
kernel to 2.6.9. This would be done on an individual basis. There is no
out-of-tree set of hardware monitoring drivers working for every 2.6
kernel, like we had for 2.4 kernels.

--
Jean Delvare