2.6.16-rc5: unreasonable temperature reported by w83627thf-isa-0290

Hi Jean,

Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> Jean Delvare wrote:
>
>> I still don't know what is the other Fintek chip at 0x2f. Its it
>> doesn't match any ID I could find in the datasheets, but it's similar
>> enough to the F75121R and F75122R/RG ID that I'd bet for some VID
>> and/or GPIO chip. My contact at Fintek told me it was a "power
>> control", I hope to have additional information soon. Maybe you can
>> take a look at your motherboard again in the meantime.
>>

> This is some kind of "high-density" PC, i.e. it is hard to disassemble.
> I was lucky that the first chip was easy to spot, but the second one
> could be anywhere. I would suggest to postpone this to tomorrow.

I have opened the case, removed the power supply and the harddisk,
but I did not find another Fintek chip. Is it possible that it
is close to the CPU, maybe below the cooler, or so?

Maybe it is integrated on the chip we found?

Regards

Harri