Problems with i2c_i801

Hi James,

> I found the following SMSC chip:
>
> LPC47M584-NC
> B0443-AL1314
> 8H1190280
>
> Here's a link to a photograph.
>
> http://www.freecharity.org.uk/~james/DSC00300.JPG

Looks like we had a report for that chip already:
http://netroedge.com/~lm78/readticket.cgi?ticket=1998

Dell system too... SMSC doesn't have anything about that chip on their
site. I guess this is a custom chip they made for Dell.

> > Does the BIOS of your system display any hardware monitoring
> > information? Is this system somehow advertise as having hardware
> > monitoring capabilities?
>
> Nothing there, I guess that doesn't bode well..

Indeed. I've gone as far as I could, but now, without any information
on that SMSC chip, there's nothing left I can do. Unless you can get
information from either Dell or SMSC, this is the end of the road,
sorry.

--
Jean Delvare