couple of issues - MSI AMD64 motherboard and sysfs

> > I have MSI K8NGM2-FID motherboard (AMD64). I am not exactly sure
which
> > module driver needs to be loaded -- w83627ehf   seems to work but
I'm not
> > sure if that's the right one. I do get some output from sensors,
which makes
> > some sense:
If you are not sure about it, just try install new version lm-sensors,
we can believe the output of sensors-detect :)

> > bash-2.05b$ sensors
> > w83627ehf-isa-0a10
> > Adapter: ISA adapter
> > Case Fan: 1350 RPM  (min =    0 RPM, div = 8)
> > CPU Fan:  3245 RPM  (min =  922 RPM, div = 8)
> > fan3:        0 RPM  (min = 10546 RPM, div = 128)
> > fan4:        0 RPM  (min = 10546 RPM, div = 128)
> > Sys Temp:    +35 C  (high =   -87 C, hyst =    -8 C)
> > CPU Temp:  +39.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, hyst = +75.0 C)
> > unknown:   +41.5 C  (high = +80.0 C, hyst = +75.0 C)
> >

> > Now, what puzzles me, is the last temp. reading -- i cannot
determine what
> > the heck it is. I tried putting a fan directly over Northbridge
chip, then
> > over Southbridge, and this "unknown" temp. didn't change at all.  In
fact, I
> > don't think it changes it all, which makes me think it's bogus (or
the
> > driver is  not correct for my motherboard).
>
> This may be useful information, or it may not. I have an Asus
> A8N-VM/CSM with an AMD64 X2 processor, not an Athlon FX. I get three
> temperature readings, like you. I am sure that I have a w83627ehf, so
> if it ends up you don't have the chip, this may be irrelevant.
> However, I get one reading from the thermistor inside the w83627ehf,
> so that could be your sys temp. (Put something cold on the chip, temp
> drops rapidly.) The other two, for me, are both the AMD64 X2 chip. I
> guess there's one per core? The two stay very close to each other for
> me, so if you run your system at 100% utilization for a while, they
> should both climb together. That's one thing you can test.
>
> David

How about the display in BIOS? Maybe there're only 2 temps. You said
temp3 does not change...
You can ignore the temp3 reading, maybe it's not wired properly to a
temp sensor.

And David, what about your patches going?

Best Regards
Yuan Mu

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such  a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.