MSI KT4V - Strange sensors output.

> > Aha, so the compute formula in sensors.conf must not be correct for
> > your board. That's odd since this means you would have different
> > resistors used for +5V and 5VSB. Or maybe the input order differs. Are
> > the voltage values displayed in the same order in the BIOS and by
> > "sensors"?
>
> They are in a different order.  Also, I don't have anything labeled
> +3.3V in the BIOS.  Here is the order from my BIOS:
>
> Vcore
> +5.0V
> +12.0V
> -12.0V
> -5.0V
> Battery
> +5V SB
>
> And this is from /etc/sensors.conf:
>
> chip "w83697hf-*"
>     label in0 "VCore"
>     label in2 "+3.3V"
>     label in3 "+5V"
>     label in4 "+12V"
>     label in5 "-12V"
>     label in6 "-5V"
>     label in7 "V5SB"
>     label in8 "VBat"
>
> So based on the names, it would appear that in7 and in8 are reversed.

Correct, there are a number of boards where this is the case.

> But if in7 and in8 were really reversed, wouldn't I see 5.xV for VBat
> and 3.xV for V5SB?

Not it you also swap the compute lines. Given that VBat doesn't need
one, it's down to simply replacing "compute in7" by "compute in8".

> Sensors now reports this:
>
> V5SB:      +4.97 V  (min =  +4.75 V, max =  +5.26 V)
>
> and previously my BIOS said 5.042V (and would sometimes drop down to
> 4.993V for a second).

Sounds good. Will be slightly different after you switch in7 and in8,
but all in all it should stay within a reasonable range.

--
Jean Delvare