lm93 driver for 2.6

Hi Matt,

On 2006-02-09, Matt Kulka wrote:
> I'm attempting to build the lm93 driver on kernel 2.6.14. The patches
> (specifically the 2.6.13-rc3-mm3 version) provided by Eric Bowersox
> patch the appropriate source files successfully. However, building
> fails due to some missing files and undeclared variables, below is
> the output. Is there an appropriate patch for 2.6.14?

Not that I know of, but others may have worked on it. There have been
some changes in the i2c/hwmon realm since 2.6.13 so I'm not surprised
that the old patch doesn't work anymore.

> drivers/hwmon/lm93.c:42:30: linux/i2c-sensor.h: No such file or
> directory

Has been renamed to linux/hwmon.h.

> drivers/hwmon/lm93.c:43:27: linux/i2c-vid.h: No such file or directory

Has been renamed to linux/hwmon-vid.h.

> drivers/hwmon/lm93.c:59: warning: type defaults to `int' in
> declaration of `SENSORS_INSMOD_1'

Has been renamed to I2C_CLIENT_INSMOD_1.

Just changing these three changes should let you go somewhat further.
Also note that you'll need an additional patch which restores the an
SMBus block read function needed by the lm93 driver:

http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/i2c/linux-2.6/i2c-add-smbus-block-read.patch

Ideally we would merge the lm93 driver into mainline so that users can
just use it, but that's a very large driver which would need some more
review before I can accept it - and I don't have the time for that
review work myself.

--
Jean Delvare