ISA and PIIX4 both working; which to use?

Hi Steve:

* Steve Snyder <swsnyder at insightbb.com> [2006-02-06 08:59:54 -0500]:
> On the advice of sensors-detect I am using the following modules under
> Fedora Core 4 on my 440BX-based system:
>
> MODULE_0=i2c-piix4
> MODULE_1=i2c-isa
> MODULE_2=w83781d
> MODULE_3=smbus-arp
>
> When I run sensors, I get duplicated output (see below).  I don't need both
> of these sources to be queried and plan to stop using one of them.
>
> Which of these 2 sources is preferred over the other?

ISA access is faster than I2C/PIIX4, and potentially more reliable also.  I
would also get rid of the MODULE_3 line as that's useless for a 2.6.x kernel
anyway (there is no such module).

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman