ATI SMBus - new information

Patrick wrote:
> Rudolf,
>
> Googling around I found your posting at
> >http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2005-October/013946.html
> I have an Acer Ferrari with the ATI Xpress 200 chipset and am interested
> in a module for the ATI SMBus so I can see temps and fan speed with
> gkrellm. In your posting I read the info you require so have attached
> it. If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks for the information.

You can try the patch
http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2005-October/013962.html

It should work. But I cant give you any warranty that it wont destroy
the notebook. On the other hand we know this works at least in one case ;)

Just load:

modprobe i2c-i801
sensors-detect

Hopefuly it will find some sensors.