RE: Helps: how to use i801--SMBus functions via i2c-dev module in Linux?

Could anyone advise how I can make use i2c-i801 and/or i2c-dev to access
ICH6 SMBus controller on a PC motherboard? I have Linux 2.6.10 and
loaded i2c-core, i2c-i801and i2c-dev modules. lsmod command gave me the
following info:

# lsmod

Module                  Size  Used by

i2c_dev                 8320  0

i2c_sensor              3968  0

i2c_i801                8716  0

i2c_core               16272  3 i2c_dev,i2c_sensor,i2c_i801

It seems that i2c-i801 is not used by other modules.

Thanks.

Michael Gu